If you’re in the market for a quality metal detector, the Minelab Equinox 600 is definitely a model to consider. This detector has been designed with advanced features that make it ideal for both beginners and experienced users alike. In this comprehensive review, we will take a closer look at the key features of the Equinox 600 and determine how well it performs compared to other market models. So, if you are ready to find out more about this top-of-the-line metal detector, keep reading!
Who’s the Minelab Equinox 600 Best Suited to?
The Equinox 600 is a good detector for hobbyists of all skill levels. Intermediate and expert users will find plenty to do on the detector. It may not include the advanced user settings of the 800, but unless you are fine-tuning a lot, you won’t need to upgrade. The preset modes found in the 600 are exceptional, and you may not be adjusting the settings too much anyway.
The 600 can be intimidating for beginners, as there is a lot of things you can do with it. However, it is good for beginners to learn how to use it. As they learn more about the detecting location they are hunting in and how to adjust the settings, they will find that the 600 has the power to give them custom adjustments for maximum performance.
How Does the Minelab Equinox 600 Perform?
The Minelab Equinox is a high-performing metal detector that works in multiple terrains. This model is frequently mentioned because it is set at a reasonable price and performs well.
The pre-configured settings are good as they are. With multiple frequencies, it is easy to find different targets. The Noise Cancel feature is automatic, and you can also adjust the threshold to find different targets.
You have different tone options, and you can also adjust how loud the sound of metal is and how it changes when there is metal nearby. You can also change how quickly the detector responds to metal. For example, you can make it, so the detector detects deeper targets better, or you can make it so that closely adjacent targets are easier to tell apart.
Adjusting these settings will help you find the right balance for you so that you can get more of the good stuff from any setting. But having an exceptional metal detector is useless without using a credible digging tool for metal detection. That’s why it’s important to invest in both tools to help with your treasure hunting.
Features & Benefits
The Still needs 641-8009 words in the body.has multi-frequency technology that you can use. You have single-frequency VLF detectors of 5 kHz, 10 kHz, and 15 kHz. And you also have multi-frequencies at work at 5 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz, and 40 kHz. But you can’t use the 20 kHz or 40kHz frequencies by themselves. They’re only available when you’re in multi-IQ mode.
With multi-IQ pumping through your search coil, you’ll achieve better results on both small and large targets.
There is some confusion about the Equinox 800 and 600. They both have the same functions in multi-IQ mode. The only difference is that the 800 can use two frequencies, 20 kHz and 40 kHz.
6 Search Modes
There are six search modes. You can make them each different, so they suit you better. There are three unique detect modes: Park, Field, and Beach. You can have two different settings for each of those detect modes. This is because terrains are never the same, and you might need to change the settings to suit an area you’re hunting in.
When you modify a profile, the detector will save and remember it. The detector will automatically use your last-used profile when you power it on. You can toggle between the search profiles and preset detect modes quickly with one button.
The Equinox 800 model has a Gold Detect Mode that the 600 model does not have.
The Equinox comes with headphones. They are good for listening to music and sound effects. The headphones are 1/8th of an inch wide. This is the size of the socket on the control box.
The wired headphones are nice, but the Equinox 600 is just as compatible as the 800 models if you want to use wireless headphones. The only difference is that the wireless headphones or modules aren’t included with the 600 models.
The 600 is compatible with the ML 80 headphones and other aftermarket Bluetooth headphones. When you use the ML 80 headphones with Minelab’s WM 80, you’ll have low-latency benefits, which means little to no lag or delay.
The headphone socket found on the control box is waterproof, so you can use Minelab’s waterproof headphones when hunting around water or for submersion. But for submerging the Equinox, you cannot incorporate wireless headphones. The WM 08 is not submersible.
Waterproof headphones can allow you to listen to music even when you are in water that is up to 10 feet deep.
The Equinox 600 had issues finding small objects on their edges in the past. This wasn’t a unique issue. But, the latest firmware updates have addressed this issue, and Equinox 600 owners are finding accurate targets on their sides.
Make sure you’re aware of firmware updates released by Minelab. They might improve the performance of your Equinox, so it’s essential to stay up to date.
Details on the Minelab EQUINOX 600 Metal Detector
The Minelab EQUINOX 600 Series redefines all-purpose detecting with groundbreaking NEW multi-frequency technology for the serious hobbyist. Set your detecting position and go! It’s equally adaptive for all target types and ground conditions. More gold, artifacts, and coins are discovered than ever before.
- Serious Metal Detecting Camo Bag Metal Detector Finds Bag with 42″ Waist Belt – camouflage metal detector finds a bag with an adjustable waist belt.
- Serious Metal Detecting All-Purpose Padded Carry Bag for Metal Detector & Accessories – black padded all-purpose carry bag to protect your metal detector and accessories.
- Serious Metal Detecting Cap for Metal Detecting – metal detecting hat with Serious Metal Detecting logo.
- Serious Detecting Equinox 600 | 800 Metal Detector Control Box Protective Cover – Protective control box cover with Serious Detecting logo.
- Quest Diamond Digger Tool Left or Right Side Serrated Edge with Sheath – metal detector digging tool with serrated edge and sheath.
Factory Included Items:
- Minelab EQUINOX 600 Multi-IQ Metal Detector
- EQX 11″ Double-D Smart Coil with Skidplate
- 3.5mm (1/8″) Wired Headphones
- Multi-Language Screen Protectors
- Adjustable Armrest
- USB Charging Cable with Magnetic Connector
- 3 Modes of Detection (Park, Field, Beach)
- 4 Different Frequency Options (Multi, 5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz)
- Headphones with a Wire Control Unit and Search Coil are covered by a 3-year warranty. In contrast, the Lithium-Ion Battery is covered by a 6-month warranty.
- Weight: 10.1875 lbs
- Dimensions: 10 × 26 × 17 in
- Technology: Multi-IQ
- Frequencies: Multi, 5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz
- Detect Modes: 3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)
- Manufacturer: Minelab
- Brand: Minelab
- Metal Detector Category: Treasure Hunting
- Digging Knife Serration Side: Left Serrated, Right Serrated
- Metal Detector Type: Metal Detectors
- Rechargeable: Yes
- Search Coil Build: Open
- Search Coil Shape: Round
- Search Coil Size: 11″
- Search Coil Type: Double-D (DD)
- Water Resistance: Waterproof
- Waterproof Depth Rating: 10 Feet
The EQUINOX Series is a multi-purpose all-terrain detector that has surpassed all single-frequency VLF detectors. All target types and ground conditions are equally adaptable. Simply choose your detecting location and get started!
The EQUINOX Series was created for dedicated coin and treasure hunters who want to upgrade to a high-performance detector without breaking the bank. It’s also perfect for new detectorists, as it comes with many pre-programmed modes for various detecting locations. Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE-ART technology is featured in the EQUINOX Series. In a lightweight waterproof platform, Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology combines high recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio.
The multi-purpose EQUINOX Series detects on all modes in ALL settings, allowing you to detect anywhere, under any conditions!
EQUINOX 600, EQUINOX 800, and EQUINOX 800 Pro Pack are the three models in the EQUINOX Series. Minelab’s unique, proprietary Multi-IQ technology is standard on all three versions, including the 11″ Double-D smart coil.
The base model, the EQUINOX 600, is suited for the budget-conscious enthusiast. The EQUINOX 800 is the higher-end variant with greater frequency options and wireless audio compatibility. The WM08 Wireless Module and Bluetooth Headphones are included in the EQUINOX 800 Pro Pack.
Standard and International versions of EQUINOX 600 and EQUINOX 800 are offered. The Standard version is intended for North America, while the International version can be used worldwide.
The correct way to get the most out of your new EQUINOX Series Metal Detector is to register online. Thus we strongly recommend it. You’ll gain access to our unique Serious Detecting membership group, with many perks, including product support and member-only discounts.
For best performance, true intelligent Simultaneous Multi-Frequency is used and a wide spectrum of single frequencies.
- Automatic Ground Balance: Ground Cancel Window
- Pinpoint with ZERO-EQUALIZATION
- Fast & Accurate Target Identification
- Advanced Settings Menu Options
- 3 Search Modes: PARK, FIELD, BEACH
- Volume Adjustment: 25 Levels
- Audio Tone ID Levels: 13+1
- Threshold Adjustment
EQUINOX is completely submersible, ideal for detecting rivers, streams, and lakes at the beach. (3m / 10-feet)
Lightweight & Robust Chassis
- Extremely lightweight (1.06kg / 2.3lbs), Ergonomic, and balanced for comfortable handling, whatever the terrain. Open-frame design for greater stability when detecting uneven ground and in wet grass.
Large LCD Screen & Backlit Keypad
- Jog Dial for easy menu navigation and quick setting changes. Backlit keypad for low light conditions.
- Battery life of up to 10-hours (using 2 x AA batteries). Optional Lithium rechargeables provide up to 15-hours between charges.
- USB Charging
- The included USB charging lead recharges the detecter.’
Sleek & Lightweight
The rugged and lightweight build may have long detecting sessions in any setting.
The EQUINOX Series is a multi-purpose all-terrain detector that has surpassed all single-frequency VLF detectors. Select your detecting position and go! It’s equally adaptive for all target types and ground conditions.
The EQUINOX Series was created for dedicated coin and treasure hunters who want to upgrade to a high-performance detector without breaking the bank. It’s also perfect for new detectorists, as it comes with many pre-programmed modes for various detecting locations.
Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE-ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology is featured in the EQUINOX Series. Which combines quick recovery speed with low-latency wireless music in a lightweight waterproof platform.
Multi-IQ allows you to identify anything, anywhere, in any situation!
EQUINOX 600, EQUINOX 800, and EQUINOX 800 Pro Pack are the three models in the EQUINOX Series. Minelab’s one-of-a-kind, patented technology is featured in all three variants.
Wireless Audio Compatible
With the WM 08, you may enjoy ultra-quick wireless audio and fast aptXTM Low Latency / Bluetooth headphones.
Versions: Standard and International
- For North America, select Standard, and for use anyplace else in the globe, select International.
Exclusive Member Benefits at the Serious Detecting Club
- You are invited to join our exclusive Serious Detecting group as a valued Minelab customer. By registering your items online, you will gain the following benefits:
6 Custom Search Profiles
Each Detect Mode has two individual Search Profiles, allowing you to keep your preferred parameters in each mode.
You can access these Search Profiles quickly using the Profile button on your detector.
- Suppose you ever need help with your new EQUINOX Series Metal Detector or any other Minelab product. In that case, our specialists are here to help. You can reach them by phone, email, or live chat.
Special Member-only Promotions
- As a member of Serious Detecting, you will have exclusive access to promotions, competitions, and product launches before anyone else.
Fast & Accurate Target ID
You won’t miss any precious targets among the rubbish because of the fast recovery speed and accurate Target ID.
6 Custom Search Profiles
- Save your favorite settings in each mode for quick and easy access.
Advanced Settings Menu Options
- Choose from a range of options to customize your detecting experience.
- The EQUINOX Series is fully submersible, so you can search in all environments, wet or dry!
Low frequencies give more depth to large targets, and high frequencies are usually more sensitive to small targets.
With EQUINOX, you can simultaneously operate across the full spectrum of frequencies for maximum results.
- You can select AUTO or MANUAL to change the operating frequency away from interference.
Ground Balance (Manual)
- Minelab’s exclusive Ground Balance algorithm automatically tracks ground conditions as they vary.
- Optional Lithium batteries provide up to 15-hours between charges.
- The USB charging lead recharges the detector’s batteries via any USB power source.
Sleek & Lightweight
- The rugged and lightweight build may have long detecting sessions in any setting.
The huge Target ID numbers on the clear LCD make it easy to identify your target ID at a glance. When it comes to detecting, you have all of the information you need there.
You may alter the Detect Modes and operating frequency for dynamic and continuous monitoring experiences at the press of a button.
Using the EQUINOX 600 user interface, you can:
- On the fly, adjust the Detect Mode, Frequency, and Sensitivity.
- To disregard undesired targets, create your own notch discrimination patterns.
To temporarily disable the current discriminating pattern, activate All-Metal mode.
Pinpoint mode allows you to focus on a prospective target and see exactly where you should dig.
- Changes can be made to such features as Noise Cancel, Ground Balance, Volume Adjust, Threshold Level, Target Tone, Accept / Reject, and Recovery Speed, which are crucial and advanced detecting capabilities.
- See how your battery and wireless audio device connections are doing.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Advanced Ground Balance
- Advanced Ground Balance neutralizes the response to ground minerals so that only targets are heard. Use Advanced Ground Balance in all Detect Modes for optimum performance on the highly mineralized ground.
- Automatic & Manual Ground Balance options provide ultimate versatility when detecting over various terrains.
The Equinox 600 is a perfect detector that can be used in many tough conditions. It is a high-performing workhorse. Even with its high-tech and advanced user settings, it is unlikely that you will need to use them all. Minelab has configured the ideal settings for most of the hardcore conditions you’ll ever hunt in, and if it proves to need some tweaking, the 600 can do it.
This detector is priced very well, especially given its features. You would save a whole lot of money by buying this detector instead of the more expensive one. In fact, you could use that money to buy a smaller search coil or better headphones!
You can visit this site to learn more about metal detectors.
Frequently Asked Questions about Equinox 600 Metal Detector
The Equinox 600 has a set of wired 3.5mm (1/8″) headphones (non-waterproof). The Equinox 800 has Bluetooth and aptX™ Low Latency headphones (non-waterproof). The Equinox 600 can also connect to Bluetooth devices, but you will need to buy the WM 08 wireless module and headphones separately.
This metal detector is an excellent choice for people who want to find metal objects. The detector comes with headphones that let you listen to the sounds the detector makes as it finds metal. It also has a charging cable and a screen protector.
The Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector is the best overall on the market today. This detector is loaded with features that are important for finding gold, like its ability to run in virtually any ground mineralization environment.
The equinox 800 is an excellent detector for relic hunting and gold hunting. It is versatile and can be used in a lot of different situations.
The Minelab ultra-fast Wireless Audio Module lets you listen to audio without any cords. You can move around more easily while you’re listening. The Module connects to up to four WM 08 Modules, which can be used for group training. It also has a 3.5mm (1/8-inch) headphone jack, and it has a threaded socket that can be used with EQUINOX waterproof headphones.
You need to decide how much you want to spend on your new hobby. For beginners, equinox metal detectors cost between $69 and $500.
Most metal detectors can find objects that are 4-8ʺ near (10 – 20 cm) deep. In good conditions, a mid-range metal detector can find objects that are 12-18ʺ (30-45 cm) underground. Some specialized detectors can find objects that are 65′ (20 m) deep.
With all-metal mode, the machine does not filter any targets. It will report every target it finds. If you use zero discrimination, the machine will still filter out some targets, but you want it to report all filtered targets as good ones.
Metal detecting can be profitable if you do it the right way. You need to do research and find good places to look. Talk to other detectorists and see what they have found. Be ready to spend plenty of time looking for things. And finally, I hope for a bit of luck.